Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sweet Potato Stacks



     Yummy yum yum. I made these last night and they were delish! At first I thought what an odd flavor combination, sweet potatoes, thyme and mozzarella? I mean isn't it against the law to eat them without lots of brown sugar and cinnamon? Just kidding it's good to eat outside the box. Whole foods without all the sugar are definitely healthier (insert here that I'm planning on making a cheesecake this weekend :) Can I say yum again? The flavors were so complimentary, you have to try this. Be sure to let me know what you think. Oh sorry about the picture we ate them all before I thought about taking one.:)



Sweet Potato Stacks

1 1/2 lb. sweet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced ( 2 small ones worked perfect)
2 tsp. thyme divided
1 c. mozzarella divided
2/3c. heavy cream
1 garlic clove pressed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper


1. Preheat oven to 375. layer half the potatoes in a well greased muffin pan. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 tsp of thyme and 1/2 c cheese (I actually didn't measure) Top with remaining potatoes.

2. Mix cream, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour into cups about 1 T. each

3. Bake 375 covered with foil for 30 min. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-7 min until cheese is melted and slightly golden.

4. Let stand 5 min. Run a sharp knife around the edges, and lift potato stacks using a spoon or small spatula. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment