Monday, April 9, 2012

Sping Clean!

It's that time again! I'm going to start spring cleaning this week. I thought I might share some of my favorite herbal cleaning supplies. Why herbal you say? Well, I'm not a fan of harsh chemicals to start with so this was a great alternative. The cost is cheaper and the supplies are readily available, and leave my house smelling so fresh. They are safe around my little ones so I don't have to worry, especially when Mallory decides to "clean" too. So have fun, try herbal, and let's clean house!!!

1. Walls- mix equal parts of water and vinegar in a spray bottle and 6-8 drops of essential oil of choice, for grease cutting power ( a clear or light oil should be used like eucalyptus or mint) Mist walls and wipe with a soft cloth


2. Floors- I love Murphy's oil soap it smells good and is plant based. Mix 2 gal of hot water, Murphy's oil soap, and essential oils of choice. The possibility for scents is endless. Some of my favorites are lemon, lime ,and sweet orange, eucalyptus, lavender,or pine needle.

3.Bathroom- Put a few drops of essential oil on the cardboard tube of the toilet paper roll, and every time it is used it will release the fragrance.

To help mats and rugs smell fresh between washings scent 1/2 c of baking soda with 8- 10 drops of essential oil of choice sprinkle on rugs wait 15 min then shake well or vacuum.

Toilet cleaner- 1/2 c baking soda
                         1/4 c vinegar
                         10 drops of tea tree essential oil
 Combine all ingredients add to the bowl and swipe w the brush


Mirror Bright- 1 1-2 c vinegar
                         1/2 c water
                         8  drops of citrus oil

 Mix all in a spray bottle, and shake well before each use. spray and wipe with a soft dry cloth.  It can also be use of faucets too



Hope some of these help you! Happy cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment