Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mock Fishtail

I love the look of a fishtail braid, but I've never taken the time to master it. So I found a cheater's way to get a similar look with minimal effort and time. All you need is a brush and some clear elastics.




 1. Make a low ponytail. I like to do this on the side , but it can be done in the middle just as well.


2. Put your fingers through to make a hole. so you can pull the pony tail through.



3. Now pull it through. You will have the classic piggy flip or topsy tail or whatever you want to call it :)


4. Now just put another band below the first flip. Then you pull it through and flip again.You can tighten or loosen as needed to get it to flow together.



5.Now just repeat until you are at the end. I did three bands with Mallory's hair. I only can do two when I do it on myself.


As you can see it's not exactly like a fishtail but pretty close. Now just finish off with a cute ribbon and you're all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment