Friday, April 6, 2012

Resurrection Bows

It's almost Easter! I love this time of year, warm weather, new flowers, green grass, and pollen ( well not the pollen) They are all constant reminders of the new life we can have in Christ. Lately I have been marvelling about the Easter story once again. What a wonderful thing the Lorrd Jesus did for us! He died for us but that's not the best part, He LIVES for us!!!! Does he live in you? I hope so.

I made this cute hairbow with Mallory to tell her once again what Jesus has done for us. I thought you might like to make some too.


Supplies:

3/8 white ribbon
alligator clips
small flowers or jewels
hotglue gun
scissors


1. Cut the ribbon into pieces 7 in, 5 in, and 3 1/2 in long


2. On the 7 in piece mark 3 in and make a loop and glue.


3. Loop the other end to meet the top and glue in place. You will have a piece that looks like a long figure eight.



4. Take the 5 in piece, fold in half and crease to mark the middle. Now loop around like you did before and glue . Now you have two figure eight pieces.



5. Glue together in the center to form a cross.


6. Add your flower or embellishment of choice. ( small jewels would look pretty too)


7. Take the 3 1/2 in piece and use it to line your alligator clip gluing as you go. I have found it is easier to put glue on the ribbon and then press on to the clip rather than gluing the clip and adding the ribbon :)


Your finished clip should look like this


8. Now put a dot of glue on the back of your cross and glue the clip to the ribbon.




9. All done! Now you just have to find a lovely girl to put it on!






 I hope you enjoyed making this bow. Let me know if something is not clear. I would Love to see pictures of yours!!



No comments:

Post a Comment